Welcome

This is a blog about the pursuits of Naturalist Alan Russo to incorporate all things Natural, especially Plants, into his daily life. Living close to Nature has always been a passion of mine and I try, with natures help, to live a Healthy lifestyle for myself and for the Earth.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wild Edible Lunch!

Lunch!

 Today was a nice day so I decided to walk around to see what I could find. There is one spot on my property where Chickweed grows well, so I headed there first. I found a good supply of succulent green and in flower Chickweed, so I grabbed a bunch to use as a base for a Wild Edible salad I would have for lunch. I found lots of other foods while walking around so I picked as I ran into something good. It turned out to be a larger salad than I planed as I continued to find great things to add. When I was done I had Chickweed, Mouse Eared Chickweed Leaves, Wild Carrot(Queen Ann's Lace)sprouts, young Cleavers herb, Henbit Flowers and Leaves, Shepherds Purse flowers and Seed Pods, Field Garlic, Dandelion Flowers, Mustard Flowers and Seed Pods, Clover Leaves and Sweet Violet Flowers and Leaves. I think I remembered everything! After washing what needed to be washed I decided to eat out of a hand made Tulip Wood bowl to add to the ambiance. I also had some Nettles and Stevia Herb iced tea to round off the Wild Lunch.
 Free, super healthy food in a handmade (by me) bowl and tea made from garden plants, can't beat that for a great Wild Self Sufficient lunch!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment