Welcome

This is a blog about the pursuits of Naturalist Alan Russo to incorporate all things Natural, especially Plants, into his daily life. Living close to Nature has always been a passion of mine and I try, with natures help, to live a Healthy lifestyle for myself and for the Earth.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Discovery






I love it when I discover something new.
Yesterday while strolling across my lawn to check out how my Prickly Pear Cactus made it through the winter, I noticed a patch of white in the middle of a carpet of purple flowering Henbit. Thinking I was going to see a flower in bloom I hadn't noticed yet, I went over to check it out. To my surprise it WAS Henbit!, only the flowers were white instead of purple. I thought, this is cool, something I had never seen before, maybe I have discovered something new and all the Botanists around the world will want to come and see this amazing discovery.  So I went on the computer to do some research. Turns out I didn't discover something new, though it is not super common, it has been reported many times before. Oh well, guess I will have to get famous some other way. As cool as they are, in my opinion, they are no match for the beauty of the Purple Henbit flowers (check out my February 3rd Post). 
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment