Welcome

This is a blog about the pursuits of Naturalist Alan Russo to incorporate all things Natural, especially Plants, into his daily life. Living close to Nature has always been a passion of mine and I try, with natures help, to live a Healthy lifestyle for myself and for the Earth.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Forcing Spring (sort of)


 I can't wait for Spring! Spring is my favorite time if year.
Usually about this time of year I start getting cabin fever, I don't like the cold, and the ground has been to wet to work in the garden, so I do alot of stuff indoors. I long for color, so one of the things I like to do to get some Spring color in my life is to force some Forsythia branches to bloom indoors. It is really easy to do. All you have to do is cut some branches and stick them in water! The air in the house is warm enough to fool the Forsythia into thinking it's time to bloom. The best part is that it happens very fast, they start to bloom in about a week. So if you are like me, and can't wait for Spring, grab some branches from your Forsythia and bring some spring color into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment